Sunday, August 19, 2012

In praise of Vistaprint ...

(Updated 09 January 2014 - addendum added.)

www.vistaprint.com.au

I was first introduced to Vistaprint a few years ago by my sister and since then have benefited from their discounted and/or free offers on customised printing, including address labels, business cards, calendars, rubber stamps and fabric/clothing items such as T-shirts.

Their service has always been prompt and the products have received exactly what I have ordered and of good quality. Where these items were gifts they have been appreciatively received. I had a problem with my most recent order at midnight on a Friday night due to being unable to submit a voucher code for a discount, and after I discovered that customer service is normally open until 10pm on weekdays (impressive in itself) I sent an email using the facility provided, which gave a promise to reply within one business day. I was even more impressed when I received an apologetic personalised email on Saturday morning stating that the problem had been resolved and a credit would be provided.

You rarely see such a high standard of customer service and Vistaprint are to be commended for this. I for one will continue to be a loyal customer!

(Vistaprint is represented internationally and also has websites for many other countries.)

As an example, here are pictures of some stickers that I ordered (either free or A$1.49 each!).



Addendum: I did have a problem with one faulty calendar, which was not discovered for some months after delivery. At first Customer Service declined to do anything, citing the period of time that had elapsed, but I wrote back stating that the calendar was still current and citing consumer rights with regard to goods that were not fit for purpose, etc. and then another customer service representative wrote back in a very conciliatory fashion and arranged for the calendar to be replaced free of charge. In the end they were very charming and helpful, which is to their credit, and means that I will remain as a happy customer. However, perhaps the moral of the story is to check everything carefully on delivery so that any issues can be dealt with promptly.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your comment! I've had a look at the Vistaprint web site and FAQs and at present it looks as if all their business cards are printed on paper stock: http://www.vistaprint.com.au/customer-care/service-center-faqs.aspx?faq_id=488. I occasionally see people with plastic business cards so perhaps a further web search might help to locate some online suppliers that could help you.

    ReplyDelete